Drinking in America is a common pastime. However, for many people, it’s turned into more than a passing activity; it’s become a problem for millions. That is a substantial amount of people who are dealing with an addiction issue. However, some people may not know for sure whether they have AUD or not.
It’s important to know the signs of alcoholism so that you can seek help at Renaissance Recovery. Left untreated, an alcohol use disorder can wreak havoc on your life, your relationships, and your finances. However, with the proper treatment and care, you can begin life anew. To learn about our alcohol addiction treatment programs, contact us today by calling [Direct].
Signs of Alcoholism
What are the signs of alcoholism, you may wonder? Alcohol use disorder has an array of signs, both psychological and physical. Some signs are more easily recognizable than others, and obviously, everyone is affected differently. However, there are some universal signs that you can count on when struggling with alcoholism. They are as follows:
- Difficulty quitting or cutting back on drinking
- Having problems with things such as your job, friendships, marriage, or other relationships
- Taking unusually risky behavior, such as drinking and driving
- Thinking about the next drink all the time
- Experiencing occasional blackouts
- Drinking three or more drinks if you’re a woman or four or drinks if you’re a man daily
- Struggling to maintain life’s responsibilities
- Notice that if you don’t have a drink, you’ll get withdrawal symptoms in about 12 hours
- You crave a drink in the morning
- You are embarrassed or ashamed about your drinking
- After drinking, you feel pangs of guilt
- You are experiencing many hangovers
- You sometimes drink and drive
The physical and psychological signs of alcoholism are difficult for many people to deal with, and some tend to live in denial. Others attempt to quit cold turkey on their own, which leads to dangerous withdrawal symptoms. However, by facing the truth and seeking proper substance abuse treatment, you can get through this challenging time safely and have a brighter future in front of you.
Withdrawal from Alcohol
As noted above, when you take the step to quit alcohol, there are withdrawals. The symptoms may range from mild to severe, depending on how long you drank and how much you drank. Some of the signs of alcohol addiction withdrawal include:
- Lack of appetite
- Tremors or shakes
- Loss of appetite
- Sick stomach
- Agitation or restlessness
- Heart palpitations
Other people may have even more severe symptoms when abruptly quitting drinking. It’s always best to consult a professional before attempting to stop drinking alcohol if you suspect you have alcohol use disorder.
Seek Treatment for Alcoholism at Renaissance Recovery
You can find a safe way to detox from an alcohol use disorder. At Renaissance Recovery, our experienced therapists are here to work with you to find the pathway to healing. Our evidence-based treatment therapies and programs to bring about the best results. Some of our therapies include:
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Women’s rehab treatment
- Men’s rehab treatment
You can begin the admission process today by talking to a caring intake coordinator. They will take down your information, talk about your history, and verify your insurance for you. You don’t have to worry about being rejected due to your insurance because federal law has protections in place now.
Don’t let alcoholism interfere with a happy life. Now that you know the signs of alcoholism, you can reach out to a quality rehab center. Contact Renaissance Recovery at [Direct] today, and we’ll get your loved one on the road to recovery.