Aetna Rehab Coverage
Health insurance plans all over the country cover an exceptional amount of drug rehab and alcohol treatment plans for those dealing with the disease of addiction. Aetna Insurance aims to provide top notch plans to cover the bulk of treatment costs. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction treatment and have Aetna insurance, you should verify your benefits today by calling our admissions team or contacting your insurance provider.
By: Renaissance Recovery
Medically Reviewed by: Diana Vo, LMFT
Last Updated: 9/23/2021
Renaissance Recovery makes sure to give our clients the tools they need to achieve genuine, long-term recovery and will do so with an individualized approach that suits the needs and times of our clients. As lovely as it would be to be able to focus exclusively on what matters most — your healing — some practical matters must be attended to. Paying for rehab, for instance, can be tricky. Aetna rehab insurance coverage may pay for a significant portion of the cost of your treatment and the team at Renaissance is here to help you determine if this is the case for you.
Table of Contents
NATIONAL HELPLINESDown below you will find a list of national helplines that are available for individuals looking for help with any substance abuse related issues or alcohol/drug issues:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) Treatment Locator. SAMSHA provides regular aid with mental health and substance abuse related issues.
- Narcotics Anonymous This program helps those with any drug of alcohol related problems.
- Nar-Anon This program helps with intervention resources and family members of the drug user or addicts.
- Alcoholics Anonymous A famous support system involving a 12 step process of overcoming alcoholism
- Al-Anon Al-Anon provides info and resources furthmore on addiction issues
- Smoking Cessation A national resource for help with quitting smoking
- Suicide Prevention A hotline available 24 hours around the clock to aid with emotional distress if someone is in danger of taking their own life
What types of treatments are available?Treatment options can vary depending on how severe the addiction is and the specific needs of the client. It is heavily recommended that you seek pro guidance from an expert Admissions Counselor at the center of interest. A clinical assessment is typically used to determine the best course of action and optimal treatment option, here are some examples of the types of addiction treatment our clients will be considering.
- Outpatient Care – Allows patients to live a partially regular life, coming in to visit the clinic/center for rehabilitation through regular intervals opposed to living there.
- Inpatient Care – Involves 24/7 treatment in a hospital or clinic where the individual is guided by a helpful staff member and the client can reside there for multiple days or weeks depending on how they’re progressing through treatment.
- Structured Sober Living– Involves an individual fully living on a campus with round the clock assistance from helpful staff on sobriety and sober living practices
- CBT, DBT-Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy to supplement competent medication management and sobriety practices
- Yoga, Reiki, Breathwork- Meditative practices to supplement sober living practices
- Experiential Adventure Therapy– Hiking, Surfing, Fishing, Paintballing, and much more. Ask one of our clinicians about our many activities
- Gender-Specific Rehab- Gender Specific Rehab Programs designed exclusively for either men or women depending on their needs so they can fully focus on healing with a strong community of like minded people
- Medication Assisted Treatment– Meant to aid people coming off opioids, this is the optimal choice for someone looking to make a little then scaled up come down from their addiction.
What is the Affordable Care Act (ACA)?A very well liked way of paying for drug and alcohol rehab is known as the Patient Protection or more commonly known as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA is a health care system law passed in 2010 that aids in covering addiction treatment. If you are addicted to substances and/or is suffering alcholism, the ACA may be a viable way to pay for it. Due to the ACA, substance abuse and addictions are no longer considered a pre-existing condition per insurance purpose. The ACA levies insurance plans for sale on an online platform known as the Health Insurance Marketplace. The medical insurance plans showcase a wide of array of addiction treatment coverage alike to private insurance plans. The ACA also increases funds and treatment options shown to Americans covered by Medicare and Medicaid. The prices and prerequisites for Medicare and Medicaid coverage are much different from Marketplace medical insurance plans.
How much Affordable Health Care Medical Insurance CoversDue to the ACA, coverage for addiction treatment must be as completed the same as it is for any other medical procedure. Some of the treatments you can acquire with these insurance plans include:
- Addiction evaluation
- Brief intervention
- Addiction treatment medication
- Clinic visits
- Alcohol and drug testing
- Home health visits
- Family counseling
- Anti-craving medication
About Aetna Health Insurance Coverage
If you are looking for substance abuse treatment for you or your loved one, you may be worried about the cost of treatment. Luckily, in the past few years, government regulations made it a requirement for health care providers and insurers to cover addiction treatment services. Whether it is alcohol rehab or a drug treatment program, insurance companies like Aetna offer plans to help all those affected by this problem. That said, your specific coverage will vary depending on your insurance plan – you can contact our admissions team or your treatment provider to learn what your Aetna coverage looks like.
Everyone’s situation is different but if you are looking for help for alcohol addiction or drug abuse, Aetna Insurance covers these afflictions but will likely need you to pay an initial deductible.
How Utilizing Insurance Benefits Works
While everyone’s plan can be different and you should verify your coverages with a treatment provider, Renaissance Recovery is in-network with Aetna and can offer various addiction treatment services to those with an Aetna plan. To learn more about your specific plan and even what your treatment may look like, please contact our admissions team today.
aetna mental health coverageDetoxification is a portion of addiction treatment and overcoming a substance use disorder that happens early on and is used to help clients overcome the early stages of sobriety and conquer withdrawal symptoms. During detox and post-detox, some treatment centers utilize medication-assisted treatment to help people deal with the dangerous symptoms associated with alcohol and opioid withdrawal.
Inpatient Or Residential Treatment with Aetna
Aetna does cover inpatient stays at an addiction treatment center. Inpatient refers to treatment in which the client lives in the facility and is monitored 24 hours per day. These types of facilities often have 30, 60, and 90-day stay options. That said, not all insurance companies will cover all of these times, some may only cover a 30-day stay. To learn more about how your plan stacks up, please give us a call today to learn more about Renaissance’s treatment offerings and how we can help you.
Does Aetna Cover Intensive Outpatient Treatment?
After a stay at an inpatient treatment program, or in lieu of inpatient, many people will move on to the next step in the continuum of care: an intensive outpatient treatment program, or IOP. While in an outpatient services program, clients will continue their addiction therapy programs, dual diagnosis treatment, medication-assisted treatment, and more but will begin to return to their normal lives as well. Time and length of outpatient treatment will vary by client but will generally be a couple times a week for a few hours each visit.
Aetna Mental Health Coverage
Oftentimes, clients dealing with an addiction issue will have underlying mental health illnesses, such as depression, anxiety, and more, that may be contributing to or causing the substance abuse in the first place – this is often referred to as a dual diagnosis. Dependable recovery centers, like Renaissance Recovery, will offer dual diagnosis treatment to clients with these co-occurring disorders. Aetna offers behavioral health and mental health coverage built into their plans.
Verify Your Insurance Benefits Today
Alcohol addiction and drug addiction are serious problems, if your loved one is showing signs that they may be struggling with these problems, take action today. Take a moment to verify your insurance policy with our insurance verification tool and learn more about how our addiction treatment facility and treatment options can help you or your loved one today.
Rehabilitation can put an end to addiction
Call and ask the facility directly or call your own provider to determine if your insurance covers the treatment.