Residential treatment centers in California offer the best chance for sustained recovery if you or a loved one is suffering from a moderate or severe alcohol use disorder or substance use disorder.
Southern California makes a great choice for residential rehab even if you don’t live in the state. Residential rehabs offer a variety of services that aid and abet in overcoming mental health disorders, substance use disorder, and alcohol addictions. In California, you’ll benefit from year-round sunshine, invigorating ocean breezes, and a connection with nature all around you.
What Is Residential Treatment for Addiction?
Residential treatment, also known as inpatient treatment, or residential rehab, is a highly structured program. You’ll remain at the treatment center for 30 to 90 days. The entire period of your treatment is spent at the center, with the exception of any sanctioned outings.
The length of your stay will hinge on many variables, including:
- The severity of your drug addiction or alcohol addiction or mental health disorder
- Any co-occurring mental health disorder
- Previous attempts at rehab
- Your finances
As you would expect from any service, the standard of residential rehab centers varies dramatically. Some offer upscale accommodation in line with five-star hotel suites, while others deliver little more than basic shared rooms. Prices reflect the accommodation and amenities on offer.
Wherever you choose to pursue residential treatment in Orange County, you’ll have a range of tests and examinations conducted upon intake. This allows for a precise and thorough diagnosis.
Detox follows, often with the aid of prescription medications. In the case of alcohol use disorder and opioid use disorder, FDA-approved medications can alleviate many adverse withdrawal symptoms. This won’t make detox easy, but it will certainly be easier.
With your body toxin-free, you’ll have completed the first crucial step toward long-term recovery. Even if detox has been remarkably challenging and you feel fatigued, steel yourself for the hard work, to begin with, recovery proper.
Days in residential rehab are spent in a series of counseling and therapy sessions. These are delivered both one-to-one and in group settings. Individual sessions offer you the chance to dive deep into the underlying causes of your addiction with a therapist. While group sessions may not offer the same level of individual attention, you’ll gain from the input and support of others going through broadly the same experience.
You can also expect to engage in a variety of psychotherapies and adjunct therapies appropriate to your addiction and circumstances. Days in residential treatment centers are rigidly structured by design. This will help you to stay laser-focused on your recovery. With healthy meals and proper hydration, you’ll start establishing the base for a healthier lifestyle.
Who Needs Residential Treatment?
If you have a severe addiction to drink or drugs, residential rehab typically provides the most effective route to long-term recovery.
Those who have engaged with outpatient treatment unsuccessfully may feel more confident undergoing treatment in a residential setting.
Anyone with an unsupportive or risky home environment would also benefit from the security of inpatient treatment. With no bad influences and no stressors to hold you back, you’ll strengthen your chances of sobering up. Treatment facilities that contain residential treatment programs will offer you structured and cohesive treatment that will enhance the overall wellness of people in the program.
Do you have limited willpower? Have you tried to quit using drink or drugs without outside assistance but failed? If so, the innate structure of a residential treatment program might help where other less hands-on methods have failed.
What’s in it for you, then?
What Are The Key Benefits of Residential Treatment Orange County?
- Around the clock medical support: In the case of severe addictions to drink or drugs, detoxing alone without medical assistance can be dangerous, sometimes even deadly. Residential rehab offers continuous medical support along with all appropriate medication to manage your symptoms and to mitigate withdrawal symptoms. This level of care is unavailable in an outpatient setting.
- Strongly structured program: Many people who quit drinking or using drugs complain they feel bored substance-free. If your addiction was all-consuming, this is unsurprising. There’s a huge void to fill previously occupied with obtaining, using, and recovering from using substances. With the structure and discipline baked into residential rehab, you’ll have all aspects of your day planned out. Stay focused and stay occupied the easy way. Replace chaos with structure.
- Nutritional and dietary support: Chances are you weren’t eating too well or too healthily in the throes of active addiction. Beyond that, you may not feel ready to hit the kitchen yourself. Residential rehab will ensure you eat balanced meals throughout the day. You’ll also have a chance to learn more about nutrition, diet, and exercise. As with all aspects of a stint in residential rehab, this can equip you with the life skills you need to improve your chances of staying sober.
- No access to substances: In a treatment center, you’ll be protected from the temptation of drugs around you. No alcohol and no illegal drugs are tolerated, and you can expect drug screening to safeguard all residents. Don’t view this negatively.
- Forming new habits: You can slowly start exploring more fruitful and healthy ways of spending your time, as well as formulating coping strategies for stressors that don’t involve drink or drugs.
What’s Involved In Residential Treatment Orange County?
Once you’ve negotiated detox, you can expect to engage in any of the following:
Medication-assisted treatment: Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is hugely beneficial for many clients suffering from severe addictions.
- Counseling: Both individual and group counseling sessions are a core component of all residential addiction treatment programs.
- CBT: Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a form of psychotherapy that helps you to identify triggers that cause you to use drink or drugs. You’ll also learn how to avoid these behaviors with healthier mechanisms than a chemical crutch.
- DBT: DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) is a highly specific form of CBT that can be effective for treating severe addictions and co-occurring disorders.
- Contingency management: With CM (contingency management), healthy behaviors are incentivized and rewarded.
- Motivational interviewing: MI (motivational interviewing) is a person-centered approach to recovery with a focus on raw objectivity. You’ll discover how to implement changes that benefit you instead of trying to please others. The results of your actions will please your loved ones anyway as they witness the change in you.
- 12-step groups: Attending 12-step programs like AA and NA is a valuable part of residential rehab for many clients.
- Family therapy: Have you damaged your relationships with your loved ones? If so, family therapy in the sheltered setting of a treatment center can start to slowly heal those rifts while equipping you with superior communication skills for a smoother future.
Residential treatment centers also provide access to a variety of educational programs.
You can also expect an array of holistic options, from yoga and massage therapy to outdoor activities of all descriptions.
How Much Does Residential Treatment California Cost?
The cost of treatment will vary substantially according to the location and amenities, as well as the scope and specifics of the program.
A rudimentary residential rehab will cost from $2000 to $7000 for a 30-day program. Standard treatment centers offer the same program for anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 for a month. If you’re investigating upscale residential rehabs, you’ll be paying upwards of $25,000 per month.
Residential Treatment at Renaissance Recovery
We never attempt to disguise the fact that residential treatment is costly. You’re getting an abundance of professional care and attention, alongside room and board for one to three months.
If you’re struggling with the negative outcomes triggered by a severe addiction to drink or drugs, though, you should consider inpatient treatment as an investment rather than an expense. We’ll be happy to explore options of financing a stay in residential rehab if you feel you would benefit from this intensive level of care.
Ultimately, residential treatment at Renaissance Recovery is not for everyone. For those clients in need of continuous care, on the other hand, it’s vital and the optimum foundation for sustained and fruitful sobriety.
We offer a full suite of addiction treatment services, including the following:
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Behavioral therapies (CBT and DBT)
- Experiential treatment
- Art therapies
- Nutritional education and support
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Addiction treatment for young adults
- Men’s rehab
- Women’s rehab
If you want to know more about the costs and logistics of residential treatment at Renaissance Recovery, call us right now at 866.330.9449.