Among the many benefits of residential treatment, countless studies show that pairing it with aftercare is more likely to achieve sobriety. The benefits of a residential treatment center are significantly more valuable than portrayed in the addiction treatment industry. We at Renaissance understand, and in fact, many of us have been there. Dealing with drug addiction is stressful and heart-wrenching for everyone involved.
You may not have anyone to talk to about what is going on with your life because it’s so deeply personal. At the same time, without intervention, you can quickly spiral downward. As this occurs, you may isolate yourself, which is dangerous. Guilt and shame may set in leading to more drug use. All these feelings are common and indicate you may find the benefits of residential treatment to be just what you need to get back on track. Through the help of a residential treatment center, you can make the journey back to normalcy and health.
What is Residential Treatment?
So what is residential treatment? Residential treatment offers a nurturing place for those who are struggling with the effects of substance abuse. It is usually completed after detox. During residential treatment, you have a place to withdraw safely from the drugs, and you are surrounded by expert professionals. You have the care you need to make it through to the next level in life. Residential treatment can last anywhere from 7 to 45 days, depending on your substance abuse history. However, an assessment will take place before admission which a representative will qualify you for the necessary program. In a residential setting, there are a lot more hours set aside for programming, therapy, and more. It is a more intensive option and should be completed for long-term sobriety.
A partial hospitalization program offers a safe, secure, and comfortable environment. This program can be beneficial to individuals who struggle with maintaining housing, or employment as well as those working towards sobriety. The benefits of PHA include:
– 24-hour professional supervision
– Individualized treatment plan addressing specific needs and goals
– Medication management for chemical dependency – Individual psychotherapy
– Increased coping skills for stressful situations and managing behavior changes
– Family interventions when appropriate, include aftercare planning. If you call our Admissions Specialists, they will walk you through what to say during an intervention.
You’ll learn about the benefits of residential treatment every day you are there. You’ll also have access to a therapist that is dedicated to you on a daily basis.
Benefits of Inpatient Rehab
Through addiction treatment programs, you will find the following benefits of residential treatment:
- Housing: During your time at a residential treatment center, you will have access to comfortably furnished rooms. This gives you a place to relax for healing.
- Nutritional health: There is a chance that you haven’t been eating properly, which means your body is lacking key nutrients. A residential treatment center provides you with healthy meals to recover your strength.
- Emotional and mental healing: Using drugs brings emotional pain, family divisions, and strife. Emotional healing will be a primary part of your journey during residential treatment.
- Physical healing: By quitting drugs, you are becoming physically stronger as the toxins leave your body.
- Therapy: Once the chemicals are out of your body to improve your physical health, you will begin therapy to improve your emotional and mental health. This crucial part of treatment helps you stay strong and sober by understanding why you turned to drugs in the past and learn how to prevent these choices in the future.
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehab
Other benefits of residential treatment include having someone nearby to assist you with whatever is bothering you. You have access to trained professionals who understand drug addiction. They offer support and withdrawal management to ease symptoms when needed.
In addition, you won’t feel so alone when you join others in a residential treatment program. You will attend group therapy sessions and other activities that help curb loneliness and depression.
Finally, you will learn about yourself during therapy and meditation. Self-reflection provides strength for future situations and allows you to move forward.
Dual Diagnosis Programs
The benefit of residential treatment is addressing dual diagnosis mental health disorders. Oftentimes, the core reason clients abuse drugs or alcohol is because of past trauma. Therefore, dual diagnosis programs are crucial to long-term sobriety. If you are depressed, residential treatment can help alleviate the symptoms of depression. This may include a combination of medication and psychotherapy. Additionally, residential treatment offers an environment for those dealing with major depressive disorder (MDD) to have more energy and motivation. Residential treatment programs can also treat anxiety disorders, which commonly occur in conjunction with mental health disorders. Treatment often involves learning positive coping skills to deal with stressors in life as well as developing healthy social connections.
Renaissance Recovery Can Help You Find a Residential Rehab
Find healing at Renaissance Recovery. With the help of professionally trained therapists, you can face your problems with tranquility; you don’t need to walk this path alone. Our compassionate staff will be there to show you the way as you move forward along the path of sobriety.
Don’t let substance abuse ruin your life plans. Now that you know the benefits of residential treatment, you can find the healing you need. Seek addiction treatment at a quality addiction treatment center by calling our addiction specialists. We’ll walk beside you every step of the way.