Choosing the best program for drug rehab depends on many variables. The program should cater to the drug used, the client’s age, gender, and severity of addiction.
Residential addiction treatment is a great level of care for clients seeking drug rehab for the first time, have severe addictions, or chronically relapse. Experts also recommended this program for those with substance abuse and mental health disorders, or co-occurring disorders.
What Happens in Residential Treatment?
Residential addiction treatment is an inpatient rehab option to treat substance abuse, such as heroin, marijuana, and opioid use disorders. The goal is to provide individuals with intensive addiction therapy services and medical support when needed.
The basic services of inpatient drug rehab include:
- Safe, drug-free environment
- 24/7 supervision and support
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Drug detox
- Psychiatric care
- Substance abuse treatment programs
- Individual, group, and family therapies
Individuals struggling with substance use disorders stay at the addiction treatment center overnight for a recommended amount of time. During an evaluation, the doctors and addiction specialists will recommend the best amount of time for inpatient treatment. These stays usually range from 30, 60, and 90 days. If addiction symptoms are severe or there are chronic relapses, extended options are available.
Clients can expect a fully structured plan of treatments and therapies to reduce symptoms, develop coping skills, and understand underlying mental health issues. Staying at the center also affords 24/7 medical care and access to licensed professionals for support at any time.
Addiction Therapy Services
A crucial part of the addiction recovery process is attending daily therapies. Therapy sessions are conducted on an individual, group, or family basis.
Behavior therapy programs change destructive coping skills, teach healthy means of coping, and rebuild communication. With the help of licensed therapists, clients build a strong foundation to reduce the chances of relapse.
Common addiction treatment therapies include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT addresses flawed, unhelpful thought patterns and responses. Thoughts and feelings have a major impact on our actions. Changing these patterns into positive thoughts help us gain helpful instincts for confident sober living.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – Talk to a therapist about relational problems to work through distressful situations. Through DBT, clients learn skills to better regulate their emotions.
- Holistic therapy programs – Treating the whole person’s body and mind requires more than evidence-based treatment. Holistic therapy, like yoga, massage, and acupuncture, brings your overall health into balance.
Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Many people with a substance use disorder also have an accompanying mental health disorder. Dual diagnosis treatment at a drug rehab center is vital for the recovery of these individuals. Treating both disorders at the same time is critical since addiction exacerbates mental health disorders and vice versa.
Addressing addiction and mental illness reduces the symptoms of both disorders and the risk of relapse.
Clients with addiction commonly have symptoms of the following co-occurring disorders:
- Depression disorders, such as major depressive disorder and seasonal depression
- Anxiety disorders, including social anxiety and phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders, like anorexia nervosa and binge eating
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
Specialists at residential addiction treatment centers will design a custom plan to treat any substance use and mental health disorder for the best recovery.
After Residential Treatment at Renaissance Recovery
Renaissance Recovery provides the next levels of care after residential drug treatment. Our addiction treatment specialists help clients continue to strengthen their journey of recovery with the following:
- Intensive outpatient rehab program
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Outpatient treatment program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Vocational development program
- Sober living program at our partner facility
Contact Renaissance Recovery for more information about programs and therapies available in Orange County, CA. Call 866.330.9449 for a consultation to see what addiction treatment is best for you. It’s time to take back control of your life.